Thursday, January 08, 2009

Un nuevo comienzo (A new beginning)

A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step.

Photography has always been a passion, one that I've been nurturing for a very long time now. It all began when an uncle gifted me a Kodak camera in the year 1992. I guess I inherited this passion from my Father who, during his youth, was an avid photographer himself, owning an underwater picture capable Minolta, which was an object of serious interest to me. Adventures with the automatic Kodak continued for many years until the digital revolution began. A very strong affinity to the spectacular outdoors accelerated the demand for a digital camera. Finally, after many years of non-digital imaging, I got myself a Kodak CX6200 2.0 mega pixel camera at a time when digital photography was at its very nascent stage in India. The device almost cost me an arm and a leg but I was overjoyed at the immensely shortened gestation time which went in between the click of the picture and its final development into a full size image. On all occasions, I found this annoying wait time stretch to light year proportions adding to a great deal of anxiety and frustration.

Immediately, this new-found joy accompanied me on every trek and trip that I undertook and brought back memories crystallized in scores of images. Steadily it made me a decent amateur in photography and taught me many nuances, chief of them being the management of light sources and subject focus!

Come 2006, I migrated from Oblivion Redefined (created in 2004), to this space which has since been cyber-home to my thoughts, images and ideologue. Back in 2004, Photobucket hosted my images which I then posted onto my blog manually! Thanks to ever improving technology, Blogger has an inbuilt facility to upload images, which are hosted by Picasa. My blogs are never complete without images that I shoot from time to time and this was the case back then too. Despite carefully examining at length many templates for Blogger, I wasn't quite satisfied due to the fact that the images posted were scaled down in size and quality. And the many templates that did offer retention of image quality and size, I wasn't quite interested in! Looking for change, I moved to Wordpress which I soon realized was the Linux of Blogs, lacking the user-friendliness of Blogger. My search continued until I chanced upon the Aminus3 Photoblog Community.

So then, as I begin a new endeavor, I want to introduce to all of you, Imaging Oblivion, My Photo Blog, where I will post from time to time, images that I have taken over the years. Do please visit it and observe your comments which will matter a great deal to me by being critical, constructive, appreciative and encouraging!
Awarded
Usha Pisharody was kind to award me the 'Este Blog investe e accredita na... PROXIMIDADE' along with some of the most encouraging words. I wish to thank her for recognizing my efforts!

20 comments:

  1. congratulations on the new blog..will drop asa time permits..

    Thanks for accepting my award too..It really means a lot to me.. :)

    Have a great weekend..
    take care..
    Nikhil

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm. Congrats and hope that your passion for photography and your great writing remains the same!!!!

    Regards,
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Rak,

    Work on your passion..and bring us good posts/photos...

    thats what I love to read..about you, your life, your passion...

    A welcome move for sure, Congratulations, my dear

    love,
    devika

    ReplyDelete
  4. congrats on ur award!! will check up on your photo blog as time permits.

    tc

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey congrats!! I didnt know you had a photo blog!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had a look on you new photo blog. All the photos are really nice (I rembered some of them)!

    To store photos centrally is a problem. You are in any case in general forced to reduce them to reasonable number of octets. I tried not to reduce for a while and my blog was soon "full" - and I had to create a new one. I checked one of your photos and it seems to give something like 50 Ko. For the "show", this is obvioulsy good enough, but if you would like to copy it and enlarge it... would this be sufficient? I have also tried flickr - rather timeconsuming for uploading. I now try Ipernity.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thats a nice initiative. Saw some of the snaps there, mindblowingly awesome :D. Im gald that you could develop a site that could retain its value too.

    Congrats on the award, but not that Im whining, but I gave you this award too :D

    http://vimalsparadise.blogspot.com/2008/12/and-one-more-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nikhil

    Thanks very much for the comments! Also for the award! Appreciate your gesture!

    Cheers

    Rakesh

    ReplyDelete
  9. Jay

    Thanks very much for your encouraging comments!

    Do keep visiting!

    Cheers

    Rakesh

    ReplyDelete
  10. Devika Ma'am

    Thanks very much! Photography is indeed a great passion, one that is very close to my heart, quite like writing!

    Thanks for your support, as always!

    Cheers

    Rakesh

    ReplyDelete
  11. Satheesh

    Thanks very much! Do visit my photoblog too! Appreciate your comments!

    Cheers

    Rakesh

    ReplyDelete
  12. Vibu

    Many thanks pal! Now you do! Do please visit often!

    Cheers

    Rakesh

    ReplyDelete
  13. Peter

    Thanks very much for visiting!

    Yes, I agree with you when you say that the size needs to be reduced on blogger else, the site soon fills up!

    Out here on aminus3, there is no size restriction! In fact the reason the size of my pictures was lesser was because I reduced them many years ago to put them in a presentation that I circulated to friends and folks!

    Of all the places that I have checked out, this one comes to be the best! I'd recommend you try it too! The "show" is very good!

    Cheers

    Rakesh

    ReplyDelete
  14. Vimmuuu, my budd!

    Thanks very much! This is certainly a pleasure that is unparalleled! Photography has been a passion which is very close to my heart and I only hope to develop on it with the passing time!

    And yes, you were the first to give me PROXIMITY award along with the butterfly award, a gesture that I shall always be very appreciative of! :)

    http://almostsunday.blogspot.com/2008/12/small-measure-of-peace.html

    Cheers

    Rakesh

    ReplyDelete
  15. That was a wonderful introduction to your photography. The digital world has turned everything into amazing. I really got interested to it only after making blogging and getting encouragement from buddies. My wishes for the photo blog friend.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Jeevan

    Thanks very much, as always, for your wishes and support, either of which are very important to me!

    Do keep visiting always

    Cheers

    Rakesh

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hello, last here, as said, am home, That shud explain, a slow internet connection and the more ever slower me now,,,

    COngrats for the award,, and the new blog, shud I call Plog???...

    Would check it when my internet connection speeds up or have to wait till I become less lazy enough to get out n browse or till am back to my den in the campus... Loved simbha's photo, she looks cute....

    ReplyDelete
  18. Seeker

    The same here! Theres been a problem with the network which has rendered the internet very very slow and since have not been able to surf well!

    Do visit my plog & blog often. Your comments are very valuable to me!

    Thanks also for appreciating Simbha! Will make sure she is updated!

    Cheers pal

    Rakesh

    ReplyDelete