Monday, March 01, 2010

The Skinnew Effect

The Sun is the same in a relative way, but you're older!

-- Time, Pink Floyd, 1973

Operation Keeknow (spelt Key-No) has come to an end, after a marathon two day exercise which saw a much needed change in the way Redefining Oblivion presented itself, resulting in what I now call The Skinnew Effect!

Among the first things that you'd notice is how quickly the blog loads itself. This was among my primary objectives, considering the number of emails I've received asking to do something about the delay. For those of you accessing this space via low bandwith internet, this surely will make a lot of difference, I hope! I've also factored those of you who access my site via handheld devices, and thus made the new template wireless-access friendly, with very little links loading upfront. The trick is to access the page in a landscape form over your handheld device browser!

Over time, the previous template had gathered a great deal of knick-knacks making it appear very cluttered and distracting, besides the number of tweaky XML codes in the back-end ensured that page loading was delayed - this has been addressed! The comments section has been relocated to the bottom of each post, as was before. Common sense necessitated that it made no meaning to place it after the title, inconveniencing readers who would have to read the post and then scroll back upwards to leave a comment!

Working my way through the maze of XML codes, thanks to a host of invaluable information available on the internet, I trimmed parts of the new template, adding a brand new triple footer section, that now displays fellow bloggers and their spaces according to their respective genres! Reminds me of triple Sundays, the desert! ;)

The template itself, you will notice, is minimally simple, keeping in mind the objective of the blog - to portray relevant content, combined with quality, in a very simple yet appealing manner, which I hope you find so!

Obviously, all of this would not have been possible, but for your suggestions and recommendations, which go a long way in the endeavour to make this a better and meaningful space with a truly enriching web 2.0 visit experience!

However, one person needs a very special mention, for his Godlike patience and determination, and for his thoroughly professional meticulousness in listing down a number of very well-pointed recommendations that I have adhered to, word to word! I cannot say enough to thank Parv kaushik, from Indiblogger, for his invaluable help in effecting Operation Keeknow and The Skinnew Effect, as a result thereof!

And, as for you, my fellow bloggers, readers and enthusiasts, I say with a great deal of conviction that it is your words of encouragement, support and critique that drive me ahead, in pursuit of the best!

26 comments:

  1. operation successful!
    it sure is a relief to see the page load fast! thank you!
    it is indeed redefining oblivion!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well the blog really loads quickly...and must admit the blog is absolutely clutter free

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good to see the changes, especially the loading part which is a lot quicker than earlier.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey rakesh! congrats on the Operation Keeknow!! good to see u r happy with the new look! good fr u and ur readers!! well i'm humbled to be attributed such qualities by you.. it was really nice on your part!!

    keep blogging!! m all smiles!! look m still smiling!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always like the simple templates and it helps reading easily without any interruption, and loads fast. Nice work rakesh.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Perfect!! But we would keep reading the old way, anyhow... ;))

    ReplyDelete
  7. Slow or fast; I really dont care. As long as its your blog, I would do just about anything to read your posts ! :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Its really
    ~ quickly
    ~ quickly
    ~ quickly your blog ...... LOL
    Maybe to ~ quickly ~
    Its simple and FANTASTIC Rakesh!!!
    :-)

    (I see you have also a photo blog
    I go look there :-)

    (Nice that you saw the green dot
    now you are totally relaxed ;-)
    I hope ..... :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Simple and very effective. The new look is very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  10. certainly loading faster:D
    but it was never a pain waiting for ur blogs;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. hey rakesh... I was just about to comment on the speed at which your page loaded even before I read the blog...
    This is great... :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Magiceye

    Thanks very much Sir! Glad that you find the new look good and fast!

    Cheers

    Rakesh

    ReplyDelete
  13. Shahid

    Thanks pal! Glad that finally Keeknow has generated results!

    Cheers

    Rakesh

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lakshmi

    Surely! Simple is the best! Always, all ways!

    Cheers

    Rakesh

    ReplyDelete
  15. Survivor

    Glad to know that found it well and changed!

    Cheers

    Rakesh

    ReplyDelete
  16. Parv

    Thanks very much pal! Once again, I must say that it would not have been possible without your help on this!

    Truly appreciate all the help and support!

    Cheers

    Rakesh

    ReplyDelete
  17. Jeevan

    I do agree that simple templates make uninterrupted and pleasurable reading!

    Thanks for your support!

    Cheers

    Rakesh

    ReplyDelete
  18. Vimmuuu

    Thats a huge compliment pal - thanks so very much for your continued patronage! Means a great deal to me!

    Coming from you, I'm so humbled!

    Its a pleasure, unparalleled - quite an honour Sir!

    Cheers

    Rakesh

    ReplyDelete
  19. Anya

    Thanks so much! I truly appreciate your gesture! Folks like you make my day!

    Cheers and thanks so much!

    Hugs to the Kitty!

    Cheers

    Rakesh

    ReplyDelete
  20. Rajesh

    Thanks so much! Glad that you like it!

    Cheers

    Rakesh

    ReplyDelete
  21. Issam

    I'm glad that the change is effective! Thanks very much!

    Cheers

    Rakesh

    ReplyDelete
  22. Issam

    I'm glad that the change is effective! Thanks very much!

    Cheers

    Rakesh

    ReplyDelete
  23. Pushpendra

    All of Pink Floyd is kool, ain't it?

    Thanks very much for visiting my space and leaving me with an encouraging comment!

    Cheers

    Rakesh

    ReplyDelete