Friday, January 21, 2011

Anya

Anything that results as the coming together of Ian Gillan, Jon Lord, Roger Glover, Ian Paice, Don Airey, Ritchie Blackmore and of course Steve Morse can only be known to life as Deep Purple and that for me stands among the most respected music lineups in history. Whilst the glory of such a magnificent creation cannot be articulated within the limitation of this post, I thought, nevertheless, to showcase one of my most admired tracks of Deep Purple here.



Anya, from the 1993 album The Battle Rages On, is a wonderful characterization of the self in the successful quest for purpose, I believe, supplemented strongly by the desire to embark on a journey in the fullest belief that every endeavour is a milestone that needs to be realized, almost always in singularity, propelled by a deeply driven passion originating undoubtedly from the level of the soul, though originally it intends, among other things, to convey traits of a Russian girl by the name Anya!

Ultimate in its rendition of the marvelous guitar, combined by momentary staccato type beats pulsating a feverish state of ecstatic euphoria, I will forever remember this one to be a ballad to be carried a very long way into life! Timeless legend, I'd say!

Incidentally, fellow-blogger and mother of Kareltje and Betsie, among others, is also Anya, who I know is as deeply thrilled listening to Deep Purple, as I am. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment