Monday, November 05, 2012

Comments and More

There have been some strange upsets regarding Intensedebate, the comment management system i chose for my blog in the summer of 2010. That the administration and back-end support of Intensedebate is now defunct is beyond doubt. Emails written to their support remain unresponded. So much for the term support, let alone the attitude.

This leaves me in a huge dilemma now. Since May 2010, the Intensedebate system on my blog has aggregated some 1553 comments which will be threatened to permanent deletion should i chose to uninstall this now dead system. Strangely, comments from Intensedebate cannot be exported onto blogger.

If i have to choose Intensedebate as a permanent system, then i risk losing my equanimity in the process of uninstalling and reinstalling the html code, for unending errors, disappearing comments and so on, happening almost on a weekly basis now!

I've been reading up forums of all kinds, but in vain, and this is bothering me no end.

Does anyone know of a solution?

In hindsight, i'm wondering why i hadn't chosen a better comment management system for my blog! 

No comments:

Post a Comment